Yoga & Play Workshop
Welcome to a day of play, fun and expression.
I’ve been teaching yoga for 20 + years and in that time I have certainly recognised a change. One thing I have noticed is that many people won’t even attempt yoga because of a belief that they ‘can’t do it’. The media has a lot to answer for here.
The celeb lululemon wearing (I love the brand), gym going yogi’s that treat yoga like another exercise session. It’s just not yoga and to me it’s clear in the outer world the route yoga has taken.
So unless you are a professional dancer or an acrobat you think you can’t take part in a yoga class? Right? WRONG!!!
Yoga is not a performance, yoga is a way of life and it is for you, if you want it to be.
So on that note I am running a workshop, to show you how yoga is fun, yoga is expressive and yoga should always make you feel good. You should never walk away from a yoga session feeling that you couldn’t compete with the others in the class or that you didn’t have the best make of leggings in the room.
So here is the catch…….
What do I need from you?
- I need you to bring yourself just as you are.
- I need you to have an ability to have fun, crack a smile and maybe even a little laughter.
- I need you to have loose clothing and that means it doesn’t have to be anything fancy. If you feel like coming to the day in your pyjamas do it. I really don’t care as long as you can move in the clothes you are wearing.
- I need you to have an open mind and come with the ability to think outside of the box.
What will the day include?
- Meet and greet/Intro
- Yoga is for everyone
- Group connection. How we can bring lightness and playfulness to our practice to help bring vitality to our lives
- How lightness and joy helps to release pain
- The power of the mind
- Partner yoga (don’t be shy)
- Shared lunch. Please bring a veggie dish to share (tea and coffee is provided)
- Fire ceremony and reflection
Teens and Adults Welcome
Well House Yoga Space is a delightful haven here in North Yorkshire UK . It’s a sanctuary where you can spend time in nature, walking, sitting by the beautiful pond, meditating or sharing stories. You can even take yourself on a barefoot chakra walk. There are so many curious spaces to just ‘be’……..
Shared lunch. Please bring a veggie dish to share (tea and coffee is provided)
Once you book the day directions will be sent to you.